Wednesday 16 January 2013

Ladies prefer a Viking

I've talked before about how much better the Barbarian is as a hero to the traditional Knight in Shining Armour. Well (at least according to the hard-hitting journalists at the Daily Mail) apparently there's an entire gender that agrees with me. At least, to an extent.

The Daily Mail: Still just AwfulSource


According to this study women have gone off the traditionally Chivalrous man due to a combination of feeling empowered and independent and a lack of effort by men (subtle dig there, Mail).

Now to be fair, I'm not sure this study would carry much weight (I tore apart a much more academic study for less) but I think we can see some correlation with this in the world.

After all, the biggest selling female-focussed book of the last year was 50 Shades of Grey. While I haven't read the thing myself, I definately get the impression that Christian Grey isn't excactly the singing poetry through open windows kind of dude.

Recessions suck, the worlds gotten pretty hard going and a touch more Barbaric. It's not really a suprise that women see the shining knight as kind of a wuss.

Suck it, LannisterSource

Until next time friends, let us say Skål!  and drink together.

No comments:

Post a Comment